Registration is now open for the 2021 season!
2021 Practice and Meet Schedule
Practice will begin Monday, June 7 & conclude on Friday, July 9. Exact practice times will be determined once we know how many children have registered, but will be about an hour in length between the hours of 8-10:30 AM. Children 9 and over will practice between 8-9 AM and the 8 and unders will practice between 9-10:30 AM.
Evaluations will be held Wednesday, June 2 at 5 PM
Swim Meets – 2021 Schedule:
- Thursday, 6/24 – AZ @ Chatham Hills
- Tuesday, 6/29 – Chatham Hills @ AZ
- Tuesday, 7/6 – Bridgewater @ AZ
- we may try to add an additional meet & will update the schedule accordingly
- Swimmers must be under the age of 15 as of June 1, 2021.
- If your swimmer ages up during the swim season, eligibility is based on age as of June 1. For example, if your child is 8 on June 10, but turns 9 on June 11, the child will be an 8 and under the entire swim season.
- Azionaqua membership is not required to join the swim team.
- All 6 and unders and new swimmers to the team need to participate in a swim evaluation.
- Fee per swimmer: $150 for Azionaqua members, $275 for non-members. Fee includes coaching, practice time, meet, conference fees, year-end party and awards.
- Swimmers sign-up for swim meets in which they wish to participate.
- Each swimmer will swim in at least two events per meet.
- Swim practice begins TBD
- We do practice the morning of meets.
- We practice rain or shine Monday through Friday. If there is thunder or lightning, we will keep the swimmers out of the water for the appropriate time and then finish practice. If you feel the weather is too poor for your swimmer to take part in practice, please feel free to keep your swimmer at home for the day.
- All parents volunteer for at least 2 meets during the swim season.
- If you are unable to meet the volunteer requirements, you will be assessed a $100 fee.
About the coach
Coach Paul Magoni
The head coach, Paul Magoni, got involved in swimming when he was six years old and actively participated in swimming until he was 19. He has been a swim coach for the Zionsville Swim Club working with swimmers ranging from age 6 to 12 years old. Paul attended Indiana University and received a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History. Recently, he went back to school at Marian College and received a teaching endorsement and is currently teaching at the Zionsville Community High School.