July 24, 2020
Per Governor Holcomb’s mandate, beginning Monday, July 27 we will be requiring masks for ages 8 and up as you come through the pool house. Masks are also required on the pool deck when you can not socially distance.
June 29, 2020
- 4 x 2 hour time slots, 57 families/slot beginning July 6
- For smaller crowds, come in the morning or evening. Morning is the quietest time
- Unlimited guests (within reason – please call the pool if you have a large group)
- We are opening up the concession picnic area. Feel free to use the tables. We will be cleaning them between sessions
- Lap swim will continue with 50 min. time slots on the hour
Time Slots Beginning Monday, July 6
10:15 am -12:15 pm
June 7, 2020
The Indiana State Department of Health has given pools permission operate at 50% capacity. Our normal capacity is 750, meaning we could allow 375 people per session, however, we don’t feel that is a safe number for our members to be able to maintain social distancing at this time. We have been playing around with the number of sign up slots to find our “sweet spot” and feel like 125-150 people is perfect! We had a couple of days last week that were a little higher than that number, and while not out of control and still within the guidelines, we just aren’t comfortable having more people on our pool deck than that. Our daily check-ins have be MUCH higher than in past years. We’re guessing there are many of our members still working from home, and there are not very many options for things to do. We are thankful you are trusting us with your family! The other stipulation set out by the ISDH is that we must maintain 3-4 cleaning sessions per day along with end of day cleanings.
What Does This Mean?
- So that we can accommodate all of you and still keep our facility clean, we are going to maintain the 5 x 1.5 hour time slots.
- Please only select ONE time slot per day
- Only one person in your family needs to register for the time slot
- Single adults do not need to sign up to reserve a time slot – you can just show up
- Due to swim team starting up, beginning June 15 the start of each session will be pushed back 15 minutes.
- 10:15-11:45, 12:15-1:45, 2:15-3:45, 4:15-5:45, 6:15-7:45
- If you need to cancel your time slot, please call us 317-873-3913 or send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Effective Monday, June 8, we will only be allowing 2 guests per family
- This will help us to better monitor our numbers
- we will maintain our current 50 min time slots
- we will now have 3 swimmers per lane
- the lane closest to the diving well will be designated the “slow lane”, the lane closest to the pool house will be designated the “fast lane”. You can choose which lane to swim in.
- please Circle Swim – always swim on the right side of the lane
- we have added some 30 min lap swim sessions during our cleaning times. These are outside of the lap lanes. One person per lane
- from June 15 – July 13, there will not be lap swim times available M-F from 8-10 am due to AZ Swim Team Practice
- please make sure you monitor the time while you are swimming and exit the lap lane at ten-’til the hour
- please sign up for only one lap swim slot per day
- if you can not keep your spot, please cancel – call us 317-873-3913 or email us – email@example.com
May 29, 2020
– continue to sign up each person individually CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
– only sign up for one slot per day
– if you have an early morning lap swim time, enter and exit via the concession gate. The swim team will be in the water, but they are social distancing and have several adults on the pool deck monitoring them. You will have access to the lane closest to the diving well.
– if it’s raining, we do not have anywhere dry for you to store your belongings. Please do not leave them in the locker room. We suggest leaving them in your car or bringing a plastic bag to put items in
– please self-monitor your time and exit the pool after 50 minutes
– you may now stay and sit in the sun before or after your lap swim without a family swim spot sign up – we just ask that you social distance yourself from others (and we will need you to clear the pool deck at the end of the family swim session so we can clean)
– there will be 35 family spots per session CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
– only one person in your family needs to sign up – but everyone on your membership can come
– we will be allowing guests
– only sign up for one session per day
– if you are a single adult coming to the pool, you do not need to reserve a spot, but you must come during a session and clear the pool deck between sessions while we clean
– there are a minimum of 44 socially distanced zones on our pool deck. This includes 6 zones in the junior pool. Not all zones have an umbrella; some are in the sun. If you prefer more space, you are welcome to sit in our grassy areas.
Adult Swim Club
– meets M/W/F 4:45-5:50 am & Saturdays 7:30-9 am
– coach-led swimming workouts for adults (age 18+)
– you need to purchase a punch card online to attend CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A PUNCH CARD
– open to members and non-members – spread the word to your triathlete friends!
– private lessons will begin Monday, June 1 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
– they may be scheduled any time during our opening hours (10am -7:50pm) that works for you and your instructor.
– your instructor will contact you within 5 days of signing up to schedule your first lesson
– you do not need a family swim spot for your lesson unless you intend to swim before or after
– please check in at the front desk and let them know you have arrived for your lesson
– lessons canceled with less than 1 hour notice will be counted as “taught” and you will forfeit that lesson.
– registration will open at 8 am Monday, June 1
– open for members only through Wednesday, June 3
– limited to 125 members
– practice times will be between 8-10 am, but exact times will be determined once we see how many kids of each age group have signed up
– requirements to join the team are much more strict this year, as we will not be in the water with the swimmers
May 19, 2020
The pool opens on SUNDAY, 5/24 at 10 am! WE WILL RESERVE THE FIRST 10 MINUTES OF EVERY TIME SLOT FOR CHECK INS ONLY. IF YOU NEED TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS, YOU WILL NEED TO WAIT UNTIL EVERYONE HAS CHECKED IN FOR THE CURRENT SESSION.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You will need to sign up for your time slots ahead of time. So that all members can have a chance to come to the pool, please only sign up for one time slot/day to start the season.
- we will open at 10 am.
- 10-11:30 each day will be reserved for up to 25 people in the Junior Pool only. The big pool will not be open for family swim during this time. We will be scheduling all of our programming (lessons, springboard diving, SEAL camp, etc during this time block.
- 12-1:30, 2-3:30, 4-5:30, 6-7:30 slots will allow up to 100 people to sign up per slot – you may use either pool.
- Please wear your suit to and home from the pool
- Bathrooms will be open, but please use only when necessary – go before you come and when you get home!
- Please bring your own chairs or plan to sit on the ground. We will have “zones” taped off on the pool deck. Select a “zone” and keep your chairs and belongings inside your zone. We will have a few chairs available during each session for elderly and handicapped patrons. Please see a staff member if you would like us to set up a chair for you.
- When the whistle blows to end your session, please gather your belongings and exit via the concession gate
- Lost and found items will be thrown away at the end of each day. If you think you left something at the pool, please call us or stop back by and pick it up
- Social distancing will be self-regulated by members
- We recommend a face covering when you are not swimming. DO NOT WEAR A MASK IN THE WATER.
- If you want to lap swim during your family swim time, you will need to sign up for both a lap swim slot and a family swim slot
- If you have the +2 membership and are bringing guests, please include them when you register for a time slot
- Guest passes purchased at the front desk will be sold based on occupancy during that time slot
- You will need to sign up for your time slots ahead of time. So that all members have a chance to swim, please only sign up for one slot/day.
- Each time slot will allow for one swimmer at each end of a lane
- There will be 1 lane available (2 swimmers total/time slot) from 6am – 9:50am
- There will be 2 lanes (4 swimmers total/time slot) from 10am – 7:50pm
- Slots are 50 min in length
- There will be a chair at the end of each lane for your belongings. Please wipe the chair down with the provided wipes as you leave
- Please exit the pool area immediately following your swim using the concession gate. If you want to stay and relax or sit in the sun, you will need to also sign up for a family swim slot.
- Please wear your suit to and home from the pool
- Please only use the bathrooms when necessary
- Only stop at your end of the pool. If you need to stop at the opposite end, make sure the other lap swimmer is not there. If they are, please be considerate and stop or turn around 6′ away from the wall.
- Please circle swim – always stay on the right side of the lane
- Bring your own kickboards. We will not have any available
- We are offering private adult coaching to improve your lap swimming – register online!
AZ Adult Swim Club
- Want to swim for more than 50 minutes?
- We will be offering an organized swimming practice for adults 4 days per week
- You will need to purchase a punch card in addition to your membership to attend these workouts
- Practices will be offered 4:45-5:50am Mon, Wed, Friday & 7:30-9am Saturdays (dates & times subject to change)
- 42 swimmers will be allowed – 3 at each end of each lane, socially distanced
- Cost: Members – $25/5 visits, Nonmembers – $35/5 visits.
- You may buy more than one punch card at time
- Practices will begin Wednesday, 5/27
- Punch cards will be available for purchase beginning Friday, 5/22
SO…HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR TIME SLOTS??
- You will be able to sign up for time slots up to 7 days in advance.
- To begin the season, please only sign up for one slot per day.
- Only members will be able to sign up for time slots, so make sure you have renewed your membership! JOIN OR RENEW HERE!
- Use this link to log into your Account – CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE LOG IN PAGE – maybe bookmark this page! (it’s the same log in you use for membership & program registration)
- Select “Click Here to Register”
- You can select which slots you are trying to register for
- Junior Pool Only 10-11:30 am
- Family Swim Time 12 – 7:30 pm
- Lap Swim Time
- Click on “Show Sessions”
- Click on “Add to Cart”
- Select which family member will be attending & click “Save”
- It will then open up a menu for you to select days/times, once selected, click “Save”
- Repeat the above steps for each person you want to register
- Then, at the top of your page, on the right hand side, select “Checkout”
- Agree to our waivers & click “continue”
- On the donations page, click “continue”
- Then on the Confirm Registration Page, click “continue” & YOU’RE ALL SET!!
- You’ll get an emailed receipt with the days/times you have selected
- If you need help, we can also register you in person at the front desk
May 13, 2020
Protocol for Opening Day, Sunday, May 24 – June 13
- we will be admitting up to 100 people per time slot. This will allow up to 400 swimmers per day which should allow all of our members who want to sign up a spot. Last year we averaged 350 check-ins/day. We hope to be able to lengthen the time slots to 2 hours in June and July when we are allowed 200 people at a time. Our goal is to make sure that every member who wants to swim has a spot available. Time slots will be as follows:
- 10-11:30 – 25 spots – ONLY JUNIOR POOL WILL BE OPEN FOR FAMILY SWIM. The main pool will be open for private lesson instruction and programs that we are able to offer safely (Infant/Toddler Class, SEAL Camp, Master SEAL Camp, Springboard Diving — & we are looking to add more options!!)
- 12 – 1:30 – 100 family swim spots
- 2:00 – 3:30 – 100 family swim spots
- 4 – 5:30 – 100 family swim spots
- 6 – 7:30 – 100 family swim spots
- You will sign up for the slots online via your Community Pass account – detailed information on how to do this will come next week
- Out of respect for fellow members, DO NOT COME TO THE POOL IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS IN THE PREVIOUS 24 HOURS:
- FEVER, COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, VOMITING, DIARRHEA, LOSS OF TASTE/SMELL
- OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WHO HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
- You will enter via the front lobby – PLEASE HAVE YOUR KEY CARDS OUT AND READY TO SCAN
- Please come dressed in your suit & leave in your suit
- Bathrooms will be available for emergencies only
- To protect you and make sure we have enough time to disinfect all surfaces, members will be asked to bring their own chairs or sit on the ground. We will have a few chairs available during each time slot for elderly or handicapped members. Please see a staff member when you arrive if you need a chair. The wooden sundecks will not be available for seating this summer. Umbrellas will be up.
- You will select a “station” when you check in at the front desk. These will be marked and will be where you can sit and keep your belongings while you swim.
- Social distancing guidelines will be self-regulated by members once you have entered our facility, although we do reserve the right to ask groups to separate or leave our facility.
- Masks are recommended when you are on the pool deck. Do not wear a mask in the water.
- At the end of the session, the lifeguards will blow a whistle to clear the pool and everyone must leave the pool deck exiting via the concession gate.
- The staff will then disinfect every surface – bathrooms, ladders, railings, benches, countertops, etc. before the next session
- Lost and Found: other than valuables (wallets, jewelry, phones, etc), all lost and found items will be thrown away at the end of the day. If you get home and realize you left something, please come back to the pool before the end of the day or call us and ask us to hold it for you.
- At the front desk, the first 10 minutes of a session will be reserved for check-ins only. If you need to ask a question or register for programming, please come back to the front desk after everyone has checked in.
- The playground will be closed for this summer
- we will be allowing 2 lap swimmers per lane (one at each end)
- you will sign up for time slots via Community Pass
- you must exit the pool area immediately following your time slot via the concession gate
- 6 – 6:50 am – 2 swimmers
- 7 – 7:50 am – 2 swimmers
- 10 am – 8 pm – 4 swimmers for each 50 min time slot
- total number of lap swimmers per day = 44
- additional hours or slots may be available on the weekends
- you may only stop at your end of the pool unless the person sharing your lane is not at their end
- If you would like to lap swim while your family is playing in the pool, you will need to sign up for both slots – a family swim slot and a lap swim slot
- We will have some private coaching available for lap swimmers – more info coming soon!!
- Registration is NOW OPEN!!
- At least through June, all swim lessons will be private lessons
- Lessons can begin Monday, June 1
- If the child can not swim on their own, they must be taught to a family unit – a parent or caregiver must be in the water with the child(ren). The instructor will teach the lesson, but will not touch the child. You may have more than one child with you in the lesson as long as you feel comfortable handling them
- Lessons can also be taught to children who know how to swim and don’t need an instructor in the water with them. the instructor will “coach” from the pool deck
- To begin, all private lessons will take place between 10-11:30 am (10-10:25, 10:30-10:55, 11-11:25)
- Lessons will be 25 min long to allow time for entering/exiting the pool
- Registration will open June 1 for MEMBERS ONLY!! If the spots do not fill, we will open it to non-members.
- There will only be 125 spots available
- NEW THIS YEAR – children must be competent swimmers. Our coaches will not be in the water with the kids. The criteria to join the team will be much more strict this summer.
- All swimmers age 6 and under & all new swimmers must attend tryouts on June 10 from 5:30 -7:30 pm
- There will be a parent meeting for ALL parents on June 10 at 5 pm – PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND
- Swim team will be held June 13 – July 10
- It will be an intrasquad season – we will not travel for meets or have a conference meet, but will have one meet the last week of the season (most likely broken down into 2 groups to limit the number of people at the pool)
- More information coming the last week of May
- We will be offering a modified concession stand to begin the summer
- Only prepackaged items will be sold – bottled drinks, ice cream treats, candy, chips, etc.
- The concession stand will operate out of the office – there is a window that faces the pool on the right hand side of the office door
- There will not be picnic tables available to begin the season. At the beginning of the summer, snacks may be consumed on the pool deck at your station. PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES.
May 6, 2020
We are thrilled with Governor Holcomb’s announcement that we can open Azionaqua for our 60th season on Sunday, May 24th! We have been hard at work getting ready to open safely and follow all of the stipulations laid out in Indiana’s Back on Track plan. We are actively figuring out our programming plans for activities like swim lessons, swim team, and more. Currently, registration for swim team and swim lessons has been suspended until plans are finalized. However, we will be offering our SEAL Team Camp, Master SEAL Team Camp, Springboard Diving Clinic, Infant/Toddler Class & PADI Scuba certification class! All of these classes can be held while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
So what’s our plan? Here is how we plan to keep you safe and allow your family make fun summer memories:
AZ Phase 1 – May 24 – June 13 (assuming Indiana moves to Stage 3 of their plan)
– we will be allowing up to 100 patrons at at time while following social distancing guidelines. This will be done by creating sessions in which members will reserve a spot via an online reservation tool. There will be time slots for lap swimmers and also for open/family swim time. More info coming soon on how to sign up for daily sessions.
– we will be disinfecting all surfaces regularly and between reservation slots
– we will implement a one-way traffic pattern at the pool. You will enter via the pool house and exit via the concession gate
– patrons will be asked to wear their suits to and home from the pool to limit time in the locker room
– staff will be wearing masks and will have a wellness check when they report for each shift
– we will make our daily cleaning logs available for members to view
– please bring your own basketballs, volleyballs, water toys and kickboards
– social distancing guidelines will be self-regulated by members once they enter the pool deck
– we are working on ways to be able to offer swim team and swim lessons safely, but for now, registration is closed. Look for an update in the next week or so. We will definitely be offering SEAL Team camp, Master SEAL Team Camp, PADI Scuba Certification, Infant/Toddler Class & Springboard Diving Clinic. Pickleball has been cancelled & we will contact those of you who have already registered.
AZ Phase 2 – June 14 – July 3 (assuming Indiana moves to Stage 4 of their plan)
– we will allow max capacity of 200 people
– hopefully implement more programming
AZ Phase 2 – July 4 – Sept 14 (assuming Indiana moves to Stage 5 of their plan)
– operating at full capacity
– normal operations resume
May 1, 2020
After Governor Holcomb’s address today, we are cleared to open for our 60th season on Sunday, May 24 (assuming Indiana’s Stage 3 begins when planned)! There will be some modifications to our normal operations until at least July 4. We will be working on those details over the next few days and will update our membership once we have finalized everything.
April 26, 2020
Our goal is to open to our members on May 23, 2020 and we are currently working toward that goal. However, we are monitoring current guidelines set forth by the CDC and the State of Indiana.
When we do open, there will most likely be some modifications to the way AZ will operate this summer. We will do everything we can to remain transparent about our decisions and practices. One change we plan to make is that our daily cleaning logs and water testing logs will be posted or available to any member who wishes to see them. Our Aquatics Director has been on many calls and is utilizing all resources to determine a plan of action. Our concern is not necessarily the water in the pool, but rather the surfaces surrounding the pool, including the front desk area and locker rooms.
From the CDC: “There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water. “
Please check back for additional updates.